When ordering books for faculty training, you can save money by buying by the case. Getting Down to Business–A Handbook for Adjunct/Part-Time Faculty Who Teach Business is packaged in cases of 68 books. Buy a case for the flat price of $900. Regularly $20 per book, case price brings the per book price down to $13.24.
By Dr. Bruce Johnson
The Part-Time Press, 2015
192 pages. Paperback.
Click here to request a desk copy.
See Inside This Book!
To download the Table of Contents in PDF format, click here.
To download a sample chapter (Chapter 1) in PDF format, click here.
- Getting Down to Business offers practical solutions, best-practice strategies and time-tested advice.
- Getting Down to Business provides faculty readers with the contents of a first-rate teaching workshop for a fraction of the price.
- Getting Down to Business provides business professionals, as well as academics who teach part-time, with the necessary tools to be highly successful classroom faculty.
- Getting Down to Business joins The Part-Time Press catalog of best-selling professional development books for faculty. Our books are used in thousands of faculty development programs throughout North America.
Author Bruce Johnson, MBA, Ph.D., specializes in the field of adult education. Dr. J.’s research and work focus on faculty development, training and mentoring. Written for use by faculty who teach in either the undergraduate and/or graduate-level classroom, Getting Down to Business covers subjects including:
- student-centered learning strategies
- student engagement
- teaching large classes effectively
- technology in the classroom
- course planning
- the development of meaningful writing assignments.
“Exceptionally well written, organized and presented, Getting Down to Business is an impressively informed and informative book. Of special note is a section devoted to ‘Helpful Tips’ contributed by eleven other experts. Enhanced with the inclusion of a series of Figures, a Glossary, and an Index, Getting Down to Business is a unique and highly recommended addition to the faculty member’s bookshelf, college and university library Business Education collections in general, and corporate business education supplemental studies reading lists in particular.”–Midwest Book Review
Our Customers Say: “Adjunct instructors often enter the teaching arena with extensive work experience that is vital to keeping our programs updated. Part-Time Press books are practical tools they can use to be successful immediately and throughout their teaching careers.” — Dr. Sharee P. Koppell, Academic Dean, Sullivan College
There are no reviews yet.