You can read this book using any of the following apps and devices:
by Dr. Oliver Dreon
Dr. Ivan A. Shibley, Jr.
Dr. Timothy D. Wilson
The Part-Time Press, April 2019
164 pages. Paperback.
Take your science courses to the next level….
• Design science courses that are fun to teach.
• Improve student learning outcomes.
• Spend less time lecturing and more time teaching.
• Learn to use blending to teach any type of science course or lab.
Why blend? Utilizing a blended learning platform, science faculty can design courses for both majors and non-majors that focus on active learning and student-centered teaching strategies. By integrating technology and other blending tools and techniques, you’ll spend less in-class time lecturing and more time on higher-learning, including application, analysis, creation and evaluation.
“The Power of Blended Learning in the Sciences is a soup to nuts guide to everything you need to know about how to design courses in this format. The guiding theme of the book is that blended learning is not just another pedagogical fad, but rather an excellent framework for improving your teaching practice. While targeted for those who teach in the sciences, instructors in all disciplines will benefit from the accessible advice, well-structured format, and engaging writing. The Power of Blended Learning also avoids the trap of being too theoretical or focused on technique. Readers will learn the steps they need to take to blend their courses, why these steps are needed, and how they are in alignment with the science of learning. Both new teachers and tenured professors will find everything they need in this book to blend their course to improve student learning.“–Christopher Price, Ph.D., Academic Programs Manager, SUNY Center for Professional Development
See Inside This Book!
To download the Table of Contents in PDF format, click here.
To download sample pages (Chapter 4) in PDF format, click here.
Download options: EPUB, [MOBI] KINDLE, [AZW3] KINDLE
Wondering which ebook version to download? We offer the following download options compatible with the most popular ebook readers.
- EPUB format can be read by readers formatted for Windows and Apple. EPUB files can be read using the iBooks app running on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Sumatra PDF, Adobe Digital Editions, FBReader, Calibre and the Mozilla Firefox add-on EPUBReader. Please note: EPUB files are not compatible with Kindle readers unless the file is sent to the Kindle reader using email or a send-to-Kindle app. Please read more here.
- .MOBI format can be read by Kindle readers formatted for Windows and Apple. .MOBI files can be read using the iBooks app running on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Sumatra PDF, FBReader, Calibre and the Mobipocket Reader.
- AZW3 format can be read by Kindle readers formatted for Windows and Macintosh.
There are no reviews yet.